Tuesday, March 1, 2011

one year ago...

A year ago today I got a phone call that changed my life forever, though not at all in the way I thought that it would. I had just gotten Jonah into bed for his nap when the phone rang.. it was Amy from Dr. D's office telling me I was pregnant!! Probably the best phone call of my life. In case anyone is wondering why I got a phone call to tell me this, rather than waiting 3 minutes for a line to show up on a stick, its because Madison was conceived through IVF.. a home pregnancy test could have given me a false positive because of the medications I was on. I quickly got Jonah out of bed to share the news with him that he was going to be a big brother, and let him skip his nap so we could go shopping for a new shirt for him to show daddy...Madison would have been 18 weeks old today. We love and miss you every day, baby girl. I thank God everyday for the time we got to have with you, though it wasn't nearly enough. I cannot wait for the day when we will all be together again!!


The Lord is close to the brokenhearted
and saves those who are crushed in spirit.
Psalm 34:18


As you do not know the path of the wind,
or how the body is formed in a mother's womb,
so you cannot understand the work of God,
the Maker of all things.
Ecclesiastes 11:5


4 comments:

Brent said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amy S said...

Praying for you guys each day. Love you!

Bill.Rachel.Ethan.Levi said...

You have touched so many lives Madison paige. you are loved by so many, and you will never be forgotten! One day we will see you again in glory. <3
Love you Chris Em and Jonah! thank you for sharing this

Mme MaKhotso said...

I am a little slow at keeping up with my blog readings, but want to let you know that we are still praying for your family.