Monday, January 12, 2009

prayer

last night at youth group we talked about the rich young ruler from luke 18, and the things that grip our hearts... the things we just can't fully hand over to Him and keep us from fully following Jesus. (our time, worries, goals..) we ended with this prayer that I thought was very powerful and challenging.

"Father I abandon myself to you. Do with me as you will. Whatever you may do with me I thank you. I am prepared for anything. I accept everything, provided your will is fulfilled in me and in all creatures. I ask for nothing more, my God. I place my soul in your hands. I give it to you, my God, with all the love of my heart, because I love you. And for me it is a necessity of love, this gift of myself. This placing of myself in your hands without reserve in boundless confidence, because you are my Father."
~Charles De Foucauld, 1858-1916

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank-you for posting the prayer by Charles De Foucauld, My wife and I will include that in our sermon this week. We will also be praying for your entire family to be protected by God's Grace and mercy in these very interesting times... Rev.GPep